made 1pax pangrilled chicken thighs & prawn tagliatelle in white wine sauce this evening using the same chicken stock. ^^
enough stock left to make another round and more. 🙂
i had 1/2 deboned chicken so used the thigh portion, and the leftover chicken stock, so just putting 2 and 2 together.
stock is for key for any cuisine, western, chinese, japanese, thai.
and pasta is all about the sauce, and the stock base. so no different from the chicken prawns beehoon last evening.
this time i just pangrilled the chicken thighs, nice charred skin and tender, tasty meat, and cook the pasta al dente, tossing in the white wine sauce(reduced chicken stock and white wine) with browned garlic cloves in olive oil, very tasty. & placed the chicken steak on top. voila!
for the next day, i made pangrilled chicken breast tagliatelle and chicken miso soup with iberico belly pork shabu
basically my 1pax meals are opportunity to experiment, test out dishes..
i had excellent seafood miso soup in tokyo. pasta is a regular endeavour so main new test dish this evening is chicken miso soup adding miso to tasty chicken stock & adding shabu belly pork..it was very good 👍👍so i can do a chicken miso hotpot for my friends…
pangrilled chicken breast as i used the chicken thigh last evening..chicken stock the same made a very tasty tagliatelle 👍
for preparation, basically seasoned chicken breast with fish sauce and white pepper. grilled chicken thigh or breast over hot non stick pan with just little oil, about 3 minutes to brown & crisp chicken skin, then turn over, cover the pan and cook another 4-6mins (checked if chicken breast or thigh fully cooked).
browned whole garlic cloves in olive oil, added cut chilli and slice basil. then added chicken stock and white wine, and reduced.
cooked tagliatelle just before al dente. added prawns to boil stock, off fire then tossed the pasta. plated it, topped with chicken steak breast or thigh and added whole basil leaves.
Ingredients (for 2pax):
- 1 chicken breast or thigh
- 6 – 8 large deveined shelled prawns
- 150g tagliatelle or other pasta
- 5-6 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 leaves sweet basil chopped
- 5 leaves sweet basil garnishing
- season chicken breast with fish sauce and white pepper.
- grill chicken thigh or breast over hot non stick pan with just little oil, about 3 minutes to brown & crisp chicken skin, then turn over, cover the pan and cook another 4-6mins (check if chicken breast or thigh fully cooked). set aside.
- prepare white wine sauce = brown whole garlic cloves in olive oil, added cut chilli and sliced basil. then add chicken stock and white wine, and reduce.
- cook tagliatelle just before al dente. add prawns to boiing white white sauce, off fire then toss the pasta. plated it, top with chicken steak breast or thigh and add whole basil leaves to garnish.