first attempt at teriyaki cod on 28.2.2014, practising for dinner for friends later. it was pretty good, good alternative to Nobu miso cod which i had been serving out in past dinners.
i had very good teriyaki cod at keyaki & a bit more frequently at mikuni. actually bought some teriyaki sauce, but decided to do the sauce marinade as offered in several online recipes.
also decided to marinade in a ziplog bag for 3 days, in the fashion of my very good nobu miso cod, hopefully to derive a more intense flavour. it did! 🙂
cod is really an excellent fish & just simple pan-grilled or barbeque or oven roasted would deliver a delightful dish, so i do simple pan-grilled also as alternative with miso cod.
with this equally great recipe (thoguh i am still partial to miso cod), there is 1 more variation on offer.
likewise in addition to pan-grilled, an oven roasted teriyaki cod (12mins in preheated 250degC oven) is equally wonderful.
500g frozen cod from ntuc or giant or sheng shiong (IQF individual quick freeze)
sauce marinade :
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (30ml)
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (2-3cm)
- combine marinade in sauce pot & heat to dissolve the sugar. cool the marinade & place in a zip log bag together with the cod (cut 4 or 5 pieces) & press out the air. leave in chiller for between 2 and 3 days.
- take out cod 1 hr before cooking to get to room temperature.
- place on a high baking rack in a 250degC preheated oven for 12 mins (see top photo).
- OR pan grill the cod over high heat in non stick pan with 1 tbsp oil. watch of colour change to opaque white on the sides (about 2 minutes) & turn over & sear for another few minutes. serve.
Pingback: RI Buddies 10pax Homegourmet Dinner on 24Mar2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Wonderful Japanese Food @ Mikuni on 31Mar2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Good Dinner (not Great) @ Fleur de Sel on 7May2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Andy’s Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Milan Grand Tour Tasting Menu on 2Jul2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Wife Made Simple & Tasty Chicken Wrap | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Fun 14pax RI Friends & Spouses Homecooked Dinner on 18Dec2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Wonderful Memorable Homecooked 19pax Dinner Get-together on 24Apr2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: RI Reunion Committee & Friends 19pax Homecooked Dinner Get-together on 24Apr2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 6-course Early Anniversary Dinner for 4pax at Home on 28May2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 8pax Japanese Course Dinner on 28Sep2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 9pax Japanese Course Dinner on 28Sep2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Homecooked 8pax Modern Japanese Course Dinner on 5Dec2015 | c.h.e.f