had an excellent birthday dinner at sun with moon @ wheelock for my domestic help on 16.5.2014 & bought back a tofu cheese cake as her birthday cake. 🙂
it was really good. we enjoyed it so much i decided to try making one myself.
i googled & found a very simple & truly wonderful no bake tofu cheese cake recipe. i had frequent homecooked dinner for friends & overly relied on my chocolate lava cake for dessert. i tried apple pie couple times & though it was ok there was no wow factor, nothing exciting. tofu cheese cake sounds exciting (at least to me & my children!) so i thought i would give it a try.
it was really a simple easy to make recipe & it turned out, well, ever so delicious & pretty too! 🙂
1 practical logistic problem was i could not find a 6″=15cm spring form cake pan with bottom release. anyway i did not know what it was until i googled. i found a 8in=20cm one at phoon huat at clementi avenue 3 costing S$7.90 so i bought it.
as the recipe was for the 15cm cake i basically doubled the recipe quantities.
go try yourself. enjoy!
- 105g digestive biscuits (7 pieces)
- 60g melted butter – i used unsalted
- 200g cream cheese (cut to 2cm pieces)
- 200g silken tofu (cut to 2cm pieces)
- 200g plain yogurt
- 100ml whipping cream
- 60g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp gelatin powder (15g)
- 50ml warm water
- put a wax paper over the bottom then tighten the springform cake pan & ensure bottom is smooth.
- put digestive biscuits in ziploc bag & break & roll to powder. melt butter in microwave (40sec) & add to biscuits. mix well then empty into cake pan. spread evenly to form an uniform flat base. put in fridge.
- add plain yogurt, tofu, cream cheese, whipping cream, lemon juice & sugar to a blender, pulse & blend
- add 3 tsp gelatin powder to 50ml warm water & stir to dissolve completely. add to blender & blend.
- empty into the cake pan & place in fridge for 4hrs. when serving release the springform & remove from the bottom. voila!