had an excellent birthday dinner at sun with moon @ wheelock for my domestic help on 16.5.2014 & bought back a tofu cheese cake as her birthday cake. 🙂
it was really good. we enjoyed it so much i decided to try making one myself.
i googled & found a very simple & truly wonderful no bake tofu cheese cake recipe. i had frequent homecooked dinner for friends & overly relied on my chocolate lava cake for dessert. i tried apple pie couple times & though it was ok there was no wow factor, nothing exciting. tofu cheese cake sounds exciting (at least to me & my children!) so i thought i would give it a try.
it was really a simple easy to make recipe & it turned out, well, ever so delicious & pretty too! 🙂
1 practical logistic problem was i could not find a 6″=15cm spring form cake pan with bottom release. anyway i did not know what it was until i googled. i found a 8in=20cm one at phoon huat at clementi avenue 3 costing S$7.90 so i bought it.
as the recipe was for the 15cm cake i basically doubled the recipe quantities.
go try yourself. enjoy!
- 105g digestive biscuits (7 pieces)
- 60g melted butter – i used unsalted
- 200g cream cheese (cut to 2cm pieces)
- 200g silken tofu (cut to 2cm pieces)
- 200g plain yogurt
- 100ml whipping cream
- 60g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp gelatin powder (15g)
- 50ml warm water
- put a wax paper over the bottom then tighten the springform cake pan & ensure bottom is smooth.
- put digestive biscuits in ziploc bag & break & roll to powder. melt butter in microwave (40sec) & add to biscuits. mix well then empty into cake pan. spread evenly to form an uniform flat base. put in fridge.
- add plain yogurt, tofu, cream cheese, whipping cream, lemon juice & sugar to a blender, pulse & blend
- add 3 tsp gelatin powder to 50ml warm water & stir to dissolve completely. add to blender & blend.
- empty into the cake pan & place in fridge for 4hrs. when serving release the springform & remove from the bottom. voila!
Pingback: Excellent 5pax Birthday Dinner @ Sun with Moon Wheelock on 16May2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 27pax RI Buddies Homecooked 13-course Buffet Dinner on 28.5.2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 27pax RI Buddies Homecooked 13-course Buffet Dinner on 28May2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Hawker Food @ East Coast Lagoon Food Village then Music & Roland Garros Finals on 8.6.2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Yong Siu & Yong Hui’s 63 Birthday 11pax Homecooked 11-course Dinner on 14.6.2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 11pax Homecooked 11-course Family Birthday Dinner on 14.6.2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Andy’s Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Milan Grand Tour Tasting Menu on 2Jul2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 12-course Homecooked Dinner for 9pax on 15Jul2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Tiramisu – A Charming Dessert | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Mille Crepe & Lady M Cakes on 8Sep2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Fun & Satisfying Homecooked 13-course Dinner for 15pax on 3Oct2014 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Banoffee (Banana Toffee) Pie | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Pumpkin Cheese Cake | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Chocolate Lava Cake | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Strawberry Cheese Cake | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Wonderful Homecooked 11pax Dinner on 22Jan2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 12-course Homecooked Buffet Dinner for RI Reunion Committee & Friends on 6Feb2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 3 Days of Non-stop Feasting @ Chinese New Year 2015 (19-21Feb2015) | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Shiok Home Lunch for 9pax Friends on 9Mar2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Wonderful Memorable Homecooked 19pax Dinner Get-together on 24Apr2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: RI Reunion Committee & Friends 19pax Homecooked Dinner Get-together on 24Apr2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 6pax Homecooked Course Dinner on 9Jul2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 10-course Homecooked Vegetarian Dinner for 8pax on 17Aug2015 | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Chocolate Lava Cake (Revisit on 3Oct2015) | c.h.e.f
Pingback: Yuzu Cheese Cake | c.h.e.f
Pingback: 8pax Family Home Dinner on 16Jul2016 | c.h.e.f