this the first time i attempted spaghetti alla nerano (zucchini pasta). this btw is an amalfi coast specialty!^^
i followed an internet recipe, & blended 1 yellow zucchini with some onions & vegetable stock after softening them in olive oil. i sliced & pan-grilled another yellow zucchini in some olive oil in a non stick pan over low fire.
when serving, i tossed the pasta with the grilled cut zucchini & added some butter to give it more body. added browned garlic, shaved parmesan cheese & added a bunch of basil for flavours & garnishing.
it was a very good pasta, al dente & tasty.
i served it at a recent 10-course vegetarian dinner for 8pax for my niece’s birthday. everyone liked it. son said more parmesan shavings would be good. i think overall it can be improved.
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 yellow (or green) zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 bulb garlic in cloves, browned in olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- peel & brown the cloves of 1 bulb of garlic & set aside.
- blend 1 sliced yellow zucchini with 1 sliced small yellow onions & 100ml vegetable stock after softening them in olive oil. add sea salt & pepper to taste.
- slice & pan-grill another yellow zucchini in some olive oil in a non-stick pan over low fire & set aside. sprinkle sea salt generously.
- when serving, reduce the blended sauce. toss the pasta with the grilled cut zucchini & add some butter to give it more body. add the browned garlic, shaved parmesan cheese & add a bunch of basil for flavours & garnishing.