my youngest daughter love vongole pasta.
recently we had our 5pax family holiday at amalfi coast & my daughter was taking vongole everyday.
one thing about pastas in amalfi & i guess italy, they were generally more al dente than what we eat in singapore, and we liked it, so i decided to make my pasta more al dente!
for our 8pax family dinner on 26.10.2018, i went to get 1kg lala clams for the vongole 1hr before cooking, so la la clams were fresh. and perfect in texture.
the la la texture and taste were perfect, and spaghetti was al dente. a very tasty quite perfect vonhole dish!
again i went to sheng shiong to grab 1 kg just before cooking dinner.
my pasta now much more al dente than previously before our recent family amalfi coast trip. everyone loved the linguine and the la la (vongole) were excellent, just the right texture, fresh, succulent, and great taste. 🙂
it was a most delectable dish.
so, now i am quite proficient with the dish, the recipe is belwo.
- 300g – 500g pasta (sphaghetti or linguine)
- 1kg vongole
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 1 bulb of whole garlic cloves
- 1/2cup white wine
- 4 leaves sliced sweet basil
- 6 leaves basil for garnishing
- brown1 bulb of whole garlic cloves in 2tbsp olive oil
- add cut chilli padi & sliced sweet basil
- add 1 cup chicken stock and white wine and reduce to 1/2. add salt to taste.
- wash and drain the clams, and add clams to the boiling stock, cover and cook clams till they open (1-2mins)
- off fire, add pasta and toss thoroughly.
- add sweet basil or chopped parsley for garnishing