made the best song fish head 松鱼头 this evening on 28.6.2018. ^^
fish was excellent as it was very fresh & the sauce was just perfect, spicy, tangy, not too sweet.
what a beauty! ^^
my usual recipe below.
- 1/2 song fish head松鱼头
- cut spring onions
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 2cm sliced ginger
a spicy black bean sauce mix of –
- 1 heap tbsp lee kum kee spicy black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 flat tbsp sugar
- 1 flat tbsp corn flour
- mix the sauce cold to dissolve the corn flour.
- heat up a bit & the sauce became slight pasty.
- put song fish head in steamer plate & add sauce & garnish with cut spring onions, chilli padi & ginger.
- steam for 11-13mins (depends on size) in the steam oven or steamer.