made a claypot liver dish for 9pax zi char dinner for my RI makan group buddies on 25.7.2018. ^^
this the second time i cooked liver.
liver not a dish i take often outside…very occasionally with bakuteh (hardly eat bkt outside too as can make it easily & cheaply myself) if my friends order it, and almost never for zi char makan. that is, until recently.
and that seems to be reflected by the market price too. it is S$1 for large piece of fresh liver at sheng shiong…
recently, pete, who was visiting from london, organised a 11pax RI makan group dinner at loong hua zi char & he ordered claypot liver, on 26.6.2018..
& it was very good too! 🙂
after that when i went with my OPS bros to joo heng, i also ordered the fried liver with ginger & spring onions on 6.7.2018. 🙂
and that was good too, in fact the best dish that evening among otherwise expensive & mostly pedestrian zi char dishes.
so i decided to try out myself at home.
i did 5pax dinner for my OPS buddies on 12.7.2018. & it was very good! ^^
claypot liver was excellent this evening. nicely pink & very tasty with the gravy.
claypot liver sauce/stock 12.7.2018
tasty stock for claypot liver 25.7.2018
it was easy to make. just a good stock (key to a tasty dish)…
i fried lots of ginger & cut chilli padi, cut spring onions, cut red onion, then chopped garlic, black pepper & 2 stalks of coriander, 1 tbsp oyster sauce..
then added chicken stock and 2tbsp shaoxing wine and reduced to a very tasty sauce.
when serving, heat up the stock, added liver (cut cross-grain, washed with salt & drained dry), stir with chopstick for even cooking, added larger cut spring onions, added 2 tbsp shaoxing wine, covered & served.
such a tasty dish, pink & tender, with nice wine flavours & balanced with the aromatics form the garnishes.
- 1.5 packets of liver
- 2cm thinly sliced & cut ginger
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 1/2 red onion cut to 6 pieces
- 2 stalk spring onions, cut small on the white part & long 3cm pieces for the green part
- 2 stalks coriander
- 4tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- fry lots of ginger & cut chilli padi, cut spring onions, cut red onion, then chopped garlic, black pepper & 2 stalks of coriander, 1 tbsp oyster sauce..
- then add chicken stock and 2tbsp shaoxing wine and reduced to a very tasty sauce.
- when serving, heat up the stock, add liver (cut cross-grain, washed with salt & drained dry), stir with chopstick for even cooking, add larger cut spring onions, add 2 tbsp shaoxing wine, covered & served.