finally it was time to check out hotel & return to singapore, on 24.2.2017.
it was really enjoyable. we were totally relaxed, and did only things we felt like doing, and ate what we felt like eating. ^^
we actually did more visits & walking than was initially planned-
- we did the Panoramic, Serene, Contemplative Peak Circle Walk on Day 1
- not so much hiking but nice Cheung Chau Island Walk 长洲岛一游 on Day 2
- an unplanned tour of The Magnificent Tian Tan Buddha aka Big Buddha 天坛大佛 at ngong ping. & last but not least;
- & a wonderful, kind of unexpected Dragon’s Back Shek O Peak Hike
and of course we ate about all the food we had wanted to try –
- we had Hong Kong’s best roast goose @ Yat Lok Stanley Street
- top value HK$118 for 1/2 roast goose & HK$58 for 1 kg steamed live garoupa @ Tao Heung 稻香 Tsimshatsui
- the famed Hong Kong Tai Cheong egg tarts @ Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌饼家
- the best congee & braises @ 振记粥面店 at chueng chau market
- wonderful claypot rice HK$480 set inner for 4pax @ Chuen Moon Kee 銓满记
- very good congee @ Mui Kee Congee 妹記生滾粥品
- wonderful beef brisket noodles @ 牛棚粉麵專家
- good walnut & sesame paste dessert @ Hoi Kee Walnut Place 海記合桃坊甜
- most satisfying daipaidong meal in Hong Kong @ Minsheng Daipaidong 民声冰室
- great polo buns with Butter 菠萝油 @ Kam Wah Cafe 金华冰厅
and now, it’s time to return Singapore, happy & fulfilled, relishing the new memories of a wonderful time together for 4 OPS buddies.
for this trip, we also managed to get S$310pax promo SQ airtickets, and booked a very convenient metropark hotel located almost next to prince edward mtr station, and costing just HK$550nett/room night.
at the airport, one friend went to buy some fried chicken & chips from popeye’s. for me, after putting on easily 2kg – 3kg during the few days, it was time to reduce intake & manage weight – ironic but necessary. a matter of selective diet & weight management.