i did tamago a while ago (2 years back?) but somehow did not pursue it.
wife making chirashi don this evening & asked me to make some tamago on 4.3.2017. ^^
i had to go back to google to check the recipe again.
i didn’t have the rectangular tamago pan, so make do with my non-stick pan.
i moderated the recipe-
- 1 tsp flat sugar (not too sweet la)
- 1 – 1.5 tsp tsuyu (can use light soy sauce also, tsuyu more flavourful)
- 1 tsp mirin
- 3 tbsp stock (i used chicken stock no dashi using konbu…i guess ikan bilis stick can also la)..
& that’s it….
whisked 3 eggs & whisked the blend then add together & whisked…..
the viscosity very important, egg mixture need to be thick enough to form a layer almost immediately on hot pan…
the rest is trial and error. but i got it about right the first time & didn’t have problems making a few more times subsequently….
need to –
- wipe pan with oil with kitchen towel (to spread out oil thin film)
- pour over hot pan so egg layer forms immediately, swish pan around to spread the egg
- lower fire & start rolling (very important use chopstick with thick end…korean type sharp ends cannot)
- repeat step one…my egg mixture lasted about 3.5 pours.
anyhow i got my tamago done. none too difficult la…
& pretty good standard..
i have to claim restaurant standard la… in taste if not presentation..better than some supermarket sushi tamago..
great taste, texture & looks too.