recently i have been making quite many times 红油豆瓣酱 chilli bean paste pork softbones.
it is very easy to make and can cook in large quantities, like for-
- 16pax dinner at aloha loyang bungalow bbq for RI bros and Matthias family on 16.1.2020
- 40pax lunch for HCA Hospice Care patients on 8.10.2019.
i get frozen pork softbones from sheng shiong, 400g packet S$3.95. so for 40pax lunch i cook 6 packets = 2.4kg; for 16pax aloha bbq i cook 2 packets 800g.
just braise the pork softbones for 1.5hrs till tender, reduce and the dish is done. very tasty and delicious, and basically no effort.
- 2x400g=800g pork softbones
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp 红油豆瓣酱 chilli bean paste
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- put pork softbones in boiling water to remove scum, wash, clean and dry
- marinate with 2tbsp oyster sauce, 2tbsp 红油豆瓣酱 chilli bean paste, 2 tbsp cornflour (all flat) for 2hrs
- fried 3 cloves chopped garlic in a little oil, add pork and fry thoroughly few minutes. add 200ml water, cover and cook for 10mins. then add 1.5l water, cover and cook for 1hr 20mins till tender.
- reduce to a thick sauce and taste.