made excellent assam pork ribs on 9.4.2020. ^^
decided to try out myself, first on 12.3.2020. it was good!
i did this again for family dinner today. it was absolutely delicious, excellent! everyone liked it.
a tip – get the prime ribs with fat marbling.
for fresh prime ribs, i get the smaller ends and make sure it has fat layers and marbling stripes…not the thick end which is very meaty.
for frozen ribs, quite easy to pick, get same fat layering and stripes and the slightly thicker ones not down to the bones…the difference here is that the frozen ribs are not like the huge thick pieces fresh prime ribs, so the thicker ones still thinner than the thin ends of the fresh ribs.
- 700g prime ribs (i used frozen ribs from sheng shiong)
- 3tbsp woh hup assam sauce
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tbsp corn flour
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- cut ribs, placed in boiling water to remove scum, clean and dry in colander in fridge
- seasoned with 3tbsp assam sauce, 2tbsp oyster sauce and 1tbsp corn flour
- fried chopped garlic in oil, and add pork ribs and fry for few minutes. add 100ml pineapple juice.
- add water, boil, simmer for 1hrs 20min, reduced to a rich, tasty sauce.
- garnish and serve.