today is our last day in seoul..
we had a fun 3 days going to –
- the palaces Changdeokgung 昌德宫 & Changgyeonggung 창경궁 昌慶宮, Biwon密苑secret gardens, and Gueongbokgung 경복궁 景福宫 on day 1 on arrival on 10.11.2016
- nami Island 남이선 南怡岛 at chuncheon 春川 on day 2 on 11.11.2016
- the adventure = climbing bukhansan북한산 on day 3 on 12.11.2016
today we decided to go first to gwangjang market광장시장 @ Jongno 5 station, then to sam cheong dong삼청동@ anguk station on 13.11.2016. ^^
we started the day with a cuppa. takeaway at the café near entrance to gwangjang market @ Jongno 5 station.
gwangjang market 광장시장 is conveniently located at Jongno 5 station exit…
there were several seafood pancake stall at the gwangjang market 광장시장.
there are the usual sushi & seafood stalls.
the stall that excited me were the ones sellingmeoli gogi (head cheese), blood sausage & jogbal (hocks & trotters).
we sat down at one of them. ^^
I don’t like blood sausage myself. head cheese & what looked like birth intestines (fallopian tubes) were too much for my wife, but she was game for some jogbal (trotters).
this very enterprising proprietress. business was good here, as was at the other stalls – at least 1/2 dozen of them, likely more..
they did it with soy sauce, and served like air dried, not swimming in a sauce.
we also ordered a plate of Korean thick tanhoon.
they sell a huge assortment of food, fish cakes & the likes. some stalls sell oden also.
we ordered jogbal, 8000won.
this the trotters, lower front legs, NOT the hocks, the large thighs which should cost 20,000won & people were eating those in the streets with beer etc at pojangmacha포장마차 (their streets stalls – snack carts)…
this method of cooking gives a firmer texture. I like it. it is not as gelatinous as our usual braised ter kar (pig trotters). I like both preparation actually.
the Korean tanhoon nice as usual..
these things not my wife’s favourite, but she was game for it, though she wouldn’t take too much of it.
another of many seafood pancake stall at gwangjang market 광장시장…
generally not my kind of food…just putting a lot of carbs & fried stuff into the stomach…
& they have the ganjang gejang (간장거장) soy crab!
& other stuff, salted, cured etc….
& this for some exotic stuff – a hot pot restaurant selling what looked like fish roe & sperm sacs??
wife of course would have none of it…
it was a wonderful morning stroll with wife at this gwangjang market 광장시장.
after that, we took the subway to sam cheong dong삼청동@ anguk station.
- 88, Changgyeonggung-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 창경궁로 88 (예지동)
- Type / Products
- Traditional Markets / Silk, dress material, fashion apparel, agricultural and marine products, bedding, handicrafts, lacquerwares inlaid with mother-of-pearls, and more
- • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2267-0291~5
daily (closed sunday)