decided to make duck confit ragout pasta this evening on 30.6.2021.
I made this once before here.
bought a S$4.50 boneless duck thigh from sheng shiong.
just confit in duck fat, crisping the skin by cold pan low fire.
- clean duck leg. lightly salt, add 2 tbsp EVO rub and marinate 1hr
- low fire fry duck fat (taken from duck leg) in pan, place duck leg skin down fry till crisp (about 6mins)..turn over..add chicken stock, cover, boil low fire 1.5-2hrs
- brown 1 whole bulb garlic cloves in 1 tbsp olive oil..add 1/2 zucchini 1 red pepper cube cut..add salt, black pepper, soften to make ratatouille..
- remove duck & pour reduced stock & oil to ratatouille..
- cut 5,6 duck slices with skin for display..cut remaining & mix into ragout sauce
- boil bucatini 1min before aldente & add to ragout sauce
- when serving, heat up, can add shredded parmesan cheese & basil
the sauce & duck very good.
I use bucatini. son thought it would be better with tagliatelle or penn pasta basically a flat pasta which ragout sauce attached better.
I thought the pasta was good as it is but certainly a flat pasta would be better.