made meensi (taujeon lime) steamed song fish head酱蒸松鱼头for –
this a favourite local zichar dish…like at chinatown fc there are ilk 14 stalls selling steamed song fish head蒸松鱼头! lol!
preparation is straightforward.
just make the taujeon lime sauce, apply over the fish head, add sliced ginger, chopped scallions and chilli padi, steam for 15mins, and garnish with cut scallions. add lark aka crispy lard.
now I like this style more than the
fish was fresh, sweet, and the stronger fish taste masked and balanced by the very tasty and flavourful taujeon sauce.
- 1/2 song fish head蒸松鱼头
- 2tbsp taujeon with sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1tbsp flat sugar
- 2tbsp mirin
- 2cm sliced or julienned ginger
- 1 cut chilli padi.1-2 stalks scallions, cut small…and 2-3cm long
- lark – crispy lard
- wash fish head with salt, clean and dry
- mix taujeon, lime, sugar, light soy sauce mirin and 1tbsp olive oil in mortar and hand grind
- add to fish head
- add small cut scallions, julienned ginger and cut chilli padi
- add 2tbsp olive oil and 3 tbsp water
- steam song fish head蒸松鱼头 for 15mins