made sous vide rump roast (57degC 24hrs) for dinner this evening on 17.3.2020. ^^
turned out to be quite good. children liked the sous vide rump roast..texture great, taste good enough overall comparable to a good roast beef… not quite my preferred cut of steak but still managed a good tasting one both in taste and in texture. 🙂
not sure i want to go out of the way to do this, but if i happen to buy a rump or a chuck or a flank steak, i may just try this again.
- 1kg beef rump steak
- smoky braai rub
- sea salt, pepper, herbs (i used dry parsley), chopped garlic, shallots
- clean steak with salt, wash and drain, dry with kitchen towel
- rub with braai, sea slat, pepper and sprinkle with dry parsley, chopped garlic, shallots..
- place in double ziploc bag. set sous vide machine to 57degC and sous vide for 24hrs.
- dry steak with kitchen towels. flame steak over stainless steel pan to give colour and flavours. fry red onions and use the liquid from sous vide bag to make a delicious beef sauce.