bought online 1/2kg frozen mutton & 1kg fresh mutton ribs from dei which delivered last evening..free delivery for 1st order over S$30… 🙂
mutton ribs was fresh, so decided to use 1/2kg to make chinese herbal mutton soup..
never make before, so google for recipe…quite troublesome to get all these herbs leh…
so i just decided to go to sheng shiong this morning & bought a toa seng kong cordycep herbal bakuteh soup sachet..
first time i cooking mutton soup & first time using this bkt brand! lol! ^^
(i saw got cordycep la!)
my mutton was poached in boiling water to remove scum, cleaned with salt, & in the oven overnight for 6hrs at 90degC.. 🙂
so it was perfectly tender in texture & flavourful from the mutton juices…
so i just boiled the bkt soup sachet together with 1 bulb garlic cloves, mutton juice, 1.5litre water, 6 large red dates & 2cm sliced ginger for 1 hr, then i added mutton ribs, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce..
and before serving a bunch of julienned ginger, then served & garnished with coriander..
mutton ribs & soup very good👍😊
ribs were tender & tasty, not gamey and soup was very smooth, naturally sweet & with slight herbal combining well with mutton flavours..
i think as good as outside…actually better than many i had outside…
was originally supposed to meet up with V for makan or coffee at 12.10pm today then go mustafa, but then he had another appointment at 1pm & it’s eve of deepavali, so mustafa will be a mad house… timing was a bit tight so we decided to postpone it…
so i got my OPS bros WM and WT last minute, and i added the mala fried yellow croaker麻辣小黄鱼, & a cabbage taupok for 3pax lunch…
i shallow-fried, added sea salt to the pan.. not as browned as what we had in shenzhen…but quite ok..
then i added 1 tsp oil, julienned ginger & 2tsp lao gan ma 老干妈 spicy black bean sauce.
this my first time doing this. WM tought it was ok, flavourful…i thought could be more “pang” flavourful..
i think my lao gan ma 老干妈 spicy black bean sauce not enough, will add 1 tbspor maybe 4tsp next time…
didn’t have leafy veg in the fridge.
only thing left was cabbage, and i had some taupok as well.
so made fried cabbage with taupok , a nice tasty dish..
Recipe for Chinese Herbal Mutton Ribs Soup
- 500g fresh mutton ribs (cleaned with salt & poached to remove scum)
- 5cm ginger (2cm sliced, 3cm julienned)
- 1 toa seng kong bakuteh premix sachet ($2.25 at sheng shiong)
- 6 large dry red dates
- 1 tbsp wolfberries 枸杞
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2tbsp dark soy sauce
- wash & clean mutton ribs with salt. poach in boiling water to remove scum.
- place in 90degC oven overnight for 6hrs so perfectly tender in texture & flavourful from the mutton juices…strain the mutton juices…
- boil the bkt soup sachet together with 1 bulb garlic cloves, lamb juice, 1.5litre water, 6 large red dates & 2cm sliced ginger for 1 hr, then i add mutton ribs, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce..
- and before serving a bunch of juliened ginger, then served & garnished with coriander..