when i was at sheng shiong this morning i decided to buy some littleneck clams.
so i bought just about 500g, and thought of doing it in the way like a pot of mussels.
it was really easy to do.
i had some garlic cloves browned in olive oil (can also used chopped garlic).
then i threw in (with some butter) sliced ginger, cut chilli padi, chopped yellow onions, chopped shallots, and some basil. then i added the stock & white wine, reduced, & then 4 tbsp heavy cream.
lastly i added in the clams, covered & waited few minutes for clams to open up ie cooked.
& that’s all there is to it!
a really tasty treat.
for me, it’s important that the stock itself is tasty. the cream enhanced the taste, and the clams added in the taste of the sea.
a simple, very delicious dish.
- 500g littleneck clams
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 15g unsaltedbutter
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1cm sliced ginger
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1/2 small chopped onion
- cut scallions (white part from one stalk)
- thinly sliced orange peel (quarter orange)
- 10 basil leaves
- add chopped garlic, sliced ginger, cut chilli padi, cut scallions, chopped yellow onions, chopped shallots, sliced orange peel and basil to pot with 15g unsalted butter.
- add stock & white wine, reduce, & then add 4 tbsp heavy cream.
- add the clams, cover, wait few minutes for clams to open up.
- serve in a pot.