5 of us went for a walk along southern ridge park connector from hortpark to mt faber on 13.7.2016.
this one of the best song fish head松鱼头 around.
i thought i could approximate that those 2 excellent fish head dishes somewhat.
obviously the sauce would be different, but manly it is to produce the right mix of mild sweet, tangy, mild salty sauce on a very fresh song fish head.
i thought the fish head was quite good good.
i made the sauce myself mixing lemon juice, olive oil, mirin, light soy sauce, corn flour, sugar & lee kum kee spicy black bean sauce. i like the sauce myself.
one thing to correct was there was too much condensation in the steam oven so the sauce became a bit diluted. & there was no time for me to reduce the sauce in a pan to make it right.
on my second attempt on 1.8.2016 (top photo) i did it just right, by all my friends.
for me, it was very good too though i can also do with a bit more of the sauce. 🙂
- 1/2 song fish head松鱼头
spicy black bean sauce mix
- 1 heap tbsp lee kum kee spicy black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- wash the fish head with salt then drain (lazy way la – i steam the fish with the sauce rather than separately)
- add the spicy bean sauce mix
- steam in steam oven or steamer for 13mins (make sure fish is fully cooked)