made sous vide reverse sear Aussie pork chop with red wine tomato sauce.
it was excellent, wife said perfecto..
children WY SL all loved it
I was trying to reproduce the best pork rack I had at blue mountains – silk’s brasserie at wentworth falls
bought atas aussie pork $38/kg more ex than grassfed beef
preparation straight forward -1hr sous vide at 62degC then reverse sear hot pan butter..
it was not just a matter of the pork texture..but the sauces also key..
don’t have recipe just look at photo..but decided on a red wine tomato sauce..
I had grape tomatoes used 1/2 box..& added red onions, zucchini & peppers..1 tbsp flat tomato sauce, 1/2 tbsp hoi sin sauce..
tried to follow the photo topped up with mustard and pesto
very happy with the results perfect texture tender delicious pork & ratatouille sauce
- 1/2 box about 10piecrs grape tomatoes
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 medium red onions
- 1 tbsp flat tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 50ml red wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2tbsp olive oil
red wine tomato sauce preparation
- brown garlic cloves in olive oil
- fry grape tomatoes & sliced red onions till tomatoes breaks
- add zucchini & peppers ..add sea salt
- add red wine & chicken stock & reduce
- add 1tbsp flat corn flour just little water to thicken sauce
- add tomato sauce & hoi sin sauce, taste the sauce
sous vide reverse sear pork chop
- 300g pork rack, seasoned sea salt black pepper parsley flakes
- sous vide 1hr 62degC
- & reverse sear on hot pan with butter
- served on red wine ratatouille sauce