made soy sauce chicken for family dinner this evening on 26.4.2020. ^^
first time i made this dish. i use tai hua chicken marinade same as i do for braising lor ark aka teochew braised duck. 🙂
so quite easy and straight forward. 🙂
soy sauce chicken was super yummy, very moist, tender and flavourful. so delicious!
and of course i use the braise to braise egg, taupok and taukua.
i also delivered one packet of soy suace chicken rice and one packet noodles to a friend and her helper.
- whole large chicken (1.4-1.6kg)
- 1 cup tai hua braising sauce
- 1 cinnamon bark, 3 star anise, 3 cloves, 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole bulb of garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- clean chicken with salt, drain dry
- add cinnamon bark, star anise, cloves, bay leaves and garlic colves to 1 tbsp oil, fry till fragrant
- add chicken and fry and turn for 30 secs. add tai hua braising sauce and sugar and coat chicken thorough
- add 2 cups water and cook chicken for 10mins, turn over several times and basting the sauce over the chicken and the inside. add 500ml water, cover and cook for another 30mins, reducing the sauce.
- remove chicken and let air cool for 1 hr.
- add 6 shelled boiled eggs, 10 taupok cut to 4 strips each, 2 taukua and water and braise for 1.5 hrs, turning the eggs to coat fully.
- serve the chicken and the braised eggs taupok and taukua and ladle some braising sauce over