wife bought 16-course omakase dinner @ kuriya dining great world city on 8.2.2020.^^
really good, among best i had..
all 16 dishes sans the en papillote fish were super delicious.
the best 3 for me were –
- tuna headmeat with uni & egg white👍👍👍…never knew tuna headmeat so delicious..and according to chef, very small portion like 150g in a large tuna fish
- super sashimi – otoro, tuna cheek, saba, sayori (flying fish), kampachi..sashimi such superb quality..not only otoro but the tuna cheek was fabulous…
- charcoal grilled wagyu with foie gras miso sauce…wagyu was excellent…wife found the foie gras miso sauce too strong…wagyu would be excellent standalone just with grated wasabi..but it was really good combination anyway..
all the other dishes were super delicious too, and we haven’t even get to the sushi!
- shirako (cod fish sperms) not wife’s favourite..slight fishy and texture may put off those unfamiliar, but it was very well put together with tobiko (flying fish roe) etc
- awabi (abalone), jelly fish, yuzu jelly was superb..i eaten awabi sashimi in japanese restaurant in crown casino like 20+ yrs before and it was tough…this one here very tender and superb with jelly fish texture and yuzu jelly
- anago (conger eel) with crabmeat & ponzu jelly very good too..though i prefer a simple anago sushi..
- the en papilotte (bake din paper bag) dish amberjack was the only let down. fish was not sweet, not tender..much ado about nothing lor…lol!
we had a seabream soup to clear the palate, and good quality not salty pickled ginger and chye por.
and excellent sushi-
- uni very sweet
- aburi otoro superb, interesting done with burnt amber not torch flaming
- negitoro temaki very good
- hotaruika (firefly squid) was simply delicious…seasonal item
- and kinmedai 金目鲷a top quality fish
the dessert was excellent too..though just a good cafe tea dessert…what to say? very good la…
this really excellent omakase!