the sauce was very good.
i chose song fish head 松鱼头 because it has the most gelatinous texture, if it is possible to approximate the texture of gelatinous sharks cartilage. quite different i guess, haha!
i had some leftover pig fat in the freezer so i made some larpok crispy lard as topping for the song fish head 松鱼头. very easy to make & very nice too!
fish head was nice, all my OPS friend liked it.
one friend said maybe it was a bit sour. for myself i ok with this level of sourness.
how did it compare with my spicy black bean sauce song fish head 松鱼头? one friend thought it was equally good but a different style & so quite a nice variation.
for myself & another friend, we both thought the spicy black bean sauce song fish head 松鱼头 still best! 🙂
so black bean sauce song fish head 松鱼头 is what i will do the next time for this group. 🙂
- 1/2 song fish head 松鱼头
- 5tbsp tau jeon
- 1/2 a large lime juice
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk chopped spring onions
- 1-2 cut chili padi
- 2cm juliened ginger
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- clean fish head with salt & wash thoroughly, put on colander to dry
- put 5tbsp tau jeon in large bowl, add 1/2 large lime juic, 1tbsp mirin & pound. add 3tbsp olive oil & mix. spread on fish head.
- add chili padi, juliened ginger, chopped spring onions & chopped garlic on top of fish head.
- steam fish head for 13 mins in steamer or steam oven.