did a very good seafood alio olio this evening on 7.8.2016. ^^
i have not done this for a really long time.
mainly because my helper does an excellent alio olio. she usually uses prawns & sliced chicken breast. on balance i think her best would still edge out my dish tonight.
still my seafood alio olio was very good tonight. 🙂
i browned the garlic cloves on medium fire. fantastic aroma…added cut chilli padi.
then added prawns & squid seasoned with fish sauce & white pepper.
then added chicken stock.
i removed the prawns & squid then reduced the stock. tasted it, was tasty & intense. i did not add white wine & sugar this evening.
then i added back the prawns & squid, off fire, added the spaghetti & tossed.
last, i added some butter, so the spaghetti & sauce mixed very well.
i topped it with some basil.
the result was a very tasty pasta.
daughter commented the sotong (squid) was excellent, just the perfect texture. so was the prawn!
& i like the spicy tinge from the chilli padi.
a simple dish & enough for 3pax on a sunday evening.
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 whole bulb of peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 medium prawns
- 1 whole medium squid
- 2 tbsp fish sauce + 2 tsp white pepper (season prawns & sotong)
- 300ml chicken stock
- brown garlic cloves on medium fire. add cut chilli padi.
- add prawns & squid seasoned with fish sauce & white pepper. add chicken stock.
- remove prawns & squid and reduce stock.
- add back prawns & squid, off fire, add the spaghetti & toss.
- add some butter, so the spaghetti & sauce mix very well.
- top with some basil.