made seafood hokkien noodles on 22.3.2022. ^^
key is making the stock.
- 10 medium prawns (shelled)
- 1 medium squid(cut rings)
- 1 fish cake (grilled then sliced)
- 8 scallops (optional)
- tau gay
- noodles & beehoon
- lar pok (crispy lard)
- fried shallots
- spring onions
- fried prawn shells and heads in 15g butter, add salt, add water and boil/reduce 2hrs to intense prawn stock.
- place yellow noodles in boiling water 1min & remove set aside
- repeat with beehoon. cut beehoon with scissors.
- brown garlic in 2 tbsp oil. add prawn stock about 200ml.
- add prawns, then squid and scallop (optional), then noodles and beehoon & tau gay and sliced fishcake.
- off fire, plate and garnish with spring onions.
this a first attempt, plating presentation not ideal…taste was good, and needed more stock(I had less than 200ml)….