made lobster fusiliers this evening on 3.3.2022.^^
modelled this dish after our excellent dinner at curate recently.
it’s mock saffron only decos I did not have saffron. lol!
what’s super outstanding about curate dish was the yellow saffron sauce, and blended superbly with the al dente fusilli, a truly marvellous dish…the lobster was good, but actually 8picure lobster was better..anyway they are fresh lobster so both better than mine….
- lobster – I used a S$19.90 350g frozen lobster – shelled body & pincers, fresh set aside
- 50ml fresh milk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4tbsp 60ml white wine
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g suqidink pasta
- fry lobster head, pincers, shell with 1/2 tbsp butter and salt, add 500ml water and boil/reduce for 1.5hrs
- brown garlic in olive oil set aside
- fry chopped shallots to some olive oil, and add the white wine and reduce.
- add lobster broth, milk and reduce. off fire, stir in heavy cream.
- cook fusilli to 1min before al dente. heat sauce, off fire, add fusilli, add 1 tbsp butter and toss, and plate it.
- warm lobster for 20s in microwave and add over the pasta and garnish.