made an excellent crackling belly pork 烧肉 on 2.10.2017. ^^
this was the airfryer recipe from my RI bro KK & his wife. 🙂
i did it coupe times before quite a while back, probably couple years back..decided to revisit the recipe today….
crackling was quite good, & meat was tender, very moist with meat juices..
maybe the crackling can improve further…
as it is now, the crackling is pretty good, quite ok! ^^
picking a good piece of belly pork is important.
so a thinner cut, preferably leaner, which is still fat & tasty, and gives you a larger skin & surface area for the same weight, and also more crackling skin per piece of belly pork you cut since it is thinner…
the recipe is quite straight forward-
- poach in boiling water few mins to remove scum
- that also makes it easier for you to stab the skin repeatedly, thoroughly with a fork- this enables skin to dry out more so can make it crackling
- put salt over skin & season the rest with 1 tbsp shaoxing wine & put in fridge overnight- salt draws out water from the stabbed holes in the skin
- remove salt & wipe dry skin with kitchen towel
- then put a new layer of salt & put belly pork in airfryer preheated to 180degC for 30 mins
- take out, remove salt from skin & put back in airfryer preheated to 200degC for 15mins…& voila!