did a chicken casserole for teban gardens community breakfast this morning on 8.7.2016. ^^
this my 15th friday breakfast community meal at teban gardens community service centre.
the centre was started in 2002 after much effort & challenge by our RI friend who is a pastor of pasir panjang hill brethren church (pphbc) which owns & runs the CSC.
this actually the first time i am making chicken casserole.
the thing is for cooking in bulk for 80 -100pax, i need to invent new dishes that are tasty & easy to cook.
while i have not made chicken casserole before this, i make a very tender & tasty steamed chicken for my claypot rice. means i got a good marinade recipe for the chicken & steaming (or part smoking in claypot) produce very tender chicken.
- so, i debone 2 chicken this time cutting into smaller pieces since it is accompanied by veg. i did my usual marinade (double the amount usually just 1 chicken) & steamed it for 30mins in the steam oven (or any steamer).
- then i cooked the veg, first fried chopped garlic 2 cut chilli padi, 1 small sliced yellow onion, then added diced carrots. lastly i added potatoes timing to finish the potatoes in 10mins. i added chicken stock + the sauce from the steamed chicken.
- & basically cooked the potatoes & veg while reducing the sauce.
- last, i off the fire & emptied the steamed chicken into the casserole & toss.
- the transferred to the aluminium container to be transported to teban gardens.
the dish tasted as good as it looks!
chicken was very flavourful & tender. potatoes were done just right, just breaking so not soft & mushy.
carrots a bit soft, i guess that is ok. 🙂 of course veg very sweet & the dish combined very well.