had some unused crayfish leftover in the freezer from an earlier dinner. decided to do a crayfish pasta in pink sauce on 14.6.2016. ^^
- i peeled & browned 1 whole bulb of garlic cloves in olive oil with wonderful aroma
- added 2 cut chilli padi & some fresh basil (optional)
- added 1/2 bottle papa alfredo traditional sauce (other brand pasta sauce will do also), & 1/2 can peeled tomatoes & fried a bit
- then added chicken stock, white wine, sugar & reduced.
- then added 6 tbsp thickened cream, and salt to taste.
- i added the 12 crayfish halves, covered till 1/2 cooked.
that basically was it!
later i just needed to reheat the sauce over few minutes w/o overcooking the crayfish. 🙂
when serving, add some basil for garnishing & aromatic flavours.
i made al dente spaghetti, set aside for each diner to pick the amount they needed then add the heated sauce & crayfish! 🙂
the sauce was excellent, tasty with the crayfish & combining well with the pasta.
my pink sauce is very less the very creamy pink sauce at Valentino’s!
i like Valentino’s pink sauce, but i also like my very less creamy concoction with very nice tomato flavours. maybe i will try a heavy cream pink sauce the next time to see if i can approximate valentino’s preparation. 🙂