made a nice chawanmushi for 5pax buddies lunch today on 2.9.2019. ^^
have not made this like for 3yrs!
chawanmushi was excellent!
very smooth, and very sweet and tasty from the excellent chicken stock base.
the texture of prawn, chicken and shitake were all excellent and added to the great experience.
- 2 cups dashi (i used chicken broth)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp tsuyu
- 2 tsp mirin
- 5 prawns
- 5 slice chicken
- 3 shitake cut into 12 pieces
- whisk 3 eggs with 2 cups chicken broth
- add 2tsp tsuyu and 2 tsp mirin
- whisk thoroughly
- place 1 prawn, 1 chicken and 2 to 3 pieces sliced shitake to each of 5 bowls (i used ramekin)
- sieve the egg mixture to fill the 5 ramekin
- cover each with aluminium foil and steam for 15mins.