did a oven grilled miso teriyaki wolf herring fish head on 6.6.2018. ^^
dropped by clementi ave 2 sheng shiong after my weekly 10km jog with my RI bro CH on 6.6.2018.
bought a packet of 3 wolf herring fish head for S$1! ^^
1 head was a lot smaller so maybe considered 2.5 heads=S$0.40 per head.
i think my miso, light soy sauce, and the garnishings of red onions, chilli padi, sliced ginger etc added up to about the same S$0.40…lol! 🙂
fish head was excellent as expected. salmon fish head is perfect for this recipe as no small bones, wonderful softbone texture, and not chunky like salmon steak or fillet.
wolf herring though have very small bones (fish with small bones are very sweet), and taste was wonderful with the light soya sauce & garnishing.
- 300g – 400g wolf herring fish head
- 1tbsp flat miso
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (if not adding miso, can add 2.5tbsp light soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- add sliced ginger, red onions, cut chilli padi, chopped garlic
- clean, wash fish head with salt & drain
- rub 1 tbsp flat miso on the 2 half-heads on both sides.
- add 2tbsp olive oil, and 1tbsp top quality light soy sauce
- add sliced ginger & put on a few stalks of scallions
- grilled in a 250degC oven