made sutchi fillet with leeks for teban gardens community breakfast this morning on 18.5.2018.^^
this my 59th friday breakfast community meal dish at teban gardens community service centre.
the centre was started in 2002 after much effort & challenge by our RI friend who is a pastor of pasir panjang hill brethren church (pphbc) which owns & runs the CSC.
i bought 2x1kg sutchi fillet from sheng shiong.
each packet has 6 pieces so 12pieces. i estimated about 10-12 good size pieces per fillet, so >120 servings ok…
preparation the usual –
- defrost, cleaned with salt & dried overnight in fridge.
- in the morning, fried 3cm sliced ginger, 3 cut chilli padi, 1 lagre sliced red onions, then added chopped garlic, the the fillet in 2tbsp olive oil. added 3tbsp light soy sauce, 2tbsp mirin.
- high fire & turned over fillet several times to ensure all 12 pieces cooked uniformly. no need to add water as lots of moisture in the fillet.
- covered & in total about 5-6mins.
- placed fillet in aluminium carrier, then fried leek & added back the gravy from the fish & cooked the leeks.
the leeks very tasty in the tasty gravy which cooked the leeks as it reduced.
then added back all to the sutchi fillet in the aluminium carrier.
usually i prepare the dish such that it is ready 1/2hr before i leave the house for teban gardens, so i placed the dish in 45degC oven to keep warm.
when leaving for teban gardens, i covered with aluminium foil & placed in a styrofoam box for transport.