bought a song fish head 松鱼头 from sheng shiong for S$8.90.
song fish head 松鱼头 is a very common dish in zo chars & restaurants.
many styles of preparation, HK steamed 港蒸 & spicy bean sauce (my favourite) are the 2 most common. also there is si chuan 剁椒 etc….
i yet to learn/find out about the spicy sauce but HK steamed 港蒸 is real easy stuff.
in fact, i pickedHK steamed 港蒸 when i was asked to give a cooking demo at teban gardens community centre on 29.4.2016 because it is a very easy practical dish that anyone can do at home, whether on a cheap fish like zutchu fillet or more expensive fish like red garoupa.
see, meat so tender just nice not overdone.
& the light soy sauce brings out the sweetness of the fish.
not much of a recipe really.
just clean fish head in salt water, add 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp mirin & 2.5 – 3 tbsp light soy sauce.
add 2 cut chilli padi, 1 – 2 cm thinly sliced ginger, and garnish with spring onions ( i did not have it in the fridge).
pating & this song fish head 松鱼头 are among the dishes i like (i kind of like all fish all preparations) but don’t eat often.
they are more fishy, and wife doesn’t really like so i don’t eat often. also not particularly favourites of many friends. so must gather those who really like this fish then enjoy together. 🙂
- song fish head 松鱼头 (1/2)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2.5 – 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 cut chilli padi
- 1 – 2 cm thinly sliced ginger
- 2 stalks spring onions (white part chopped, green part cut 3cm length)
- clean fish head in salt water
- place on steaming tray. add 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp mirin & 2.5 – 3 tbsp light soy sauce.
- add 2 cut chilli padi, 1 – 2 cm thinly sliced ginger, chopped spring onions. and garnish with spring onions
Pingback: HK Steamed Song Fish Head 港蒸松鱼头 – The Best! on 2Aug2016 | c.h.e.f