made 10mins kaya coconut jam on 7.7.2020. ^^
traditional way of making coconut jam can take 3 hours, not something i want to try.
but quite a while back (2014) i chance upon a 10mins kaya recipe. and it was good enough for me.
the kaya was lovely, very fragrant, flavourful from the coconut milk & palm sugar & pandan leaves, very smooth and thick/intense enough.
just like the real thing at coffeshops.
all my friends loved it even after a full lunch.
just simple french loaf, butter and kaya was good enough for a great fun time.
10mins kaya recipe
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp white sugar (45g)
- 3 tbsp palm sugar (45g)
- 4 pandan leaves
- 4 egg yolks
- boil 200ml coconut milk with white sugar & palm sugar in pandan leaves.
- pour 1/2 to 4 egg yolks (beaten).
- then pour back into pot with the remaining coconut milk mixture & boil (constantly stirring) till it thickens to the right viscous texture.
- when cooled, removed the pandan leaves & put in a glass container. can keep up to 2weeks in the fridge.
to avoid curdling and produce a smooth kaya
- power whisk the egg yolk and sieve
- continue to whisk while adding boiling coconut milk