i used the usual 白斩鸡 preparation, but becos kampung chicken is 1-1.1kg c/w large chicken 1.4-1.6kg, i have to adjust the timing = so boiled 9mins & poached 20mis.
the evening before, i salted the chicken and dry in the fridge and washed thoroughly next morning before boiling in the chicken stock.
so the usual ice water treatment to produce the smooth taut skin and chill in fridge, then debone, and place 1/2 chicken in each dish.
for drunken chicken 醉鸡 i added 1/2cup huatiaojiu, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 2 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp sugar. mixed well then added to the chicken and placed sealed in the chiller.
both the 口水鸡和 醉鸡 saliva chicken & drunken chicken were very tasty & texture of the kampung chicken excellent. my friend finished the drunken chicken & only 2 wingstick of the saliva chicken left so they were well received.
so for the recently 9pax dinner with brother and sister families on 26.11.2018, i again did both drunken chicken 醉鸡 and saliva chicken 口水鸡.
again i used the 白斩鸡poached chicken method. salted chicken overnight. cooked 9mins & poached 20mins in chicken stock (carrots, red onions, spring onions. ginger, garlic cloves). immersed in ice water & placed in fridge. then deboned & placed in 2 dishes.
for drunken (醉鸡) chicken, i added 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup huatioajiu, 2tbsp fish sauce & 1tbsp sugar. mixed thoroughly then cover, immerse the 1/2 chicken and place in the fridge.
- 1/2 kampung chicken
- (1 whole chopped carrot, 1/2 red onions, 2 stalks spring onions, 2cm cut ginger, 1 bulb peeled garlic cloves)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup huatioajiu, 2tbsp fish sauce & 1tbsp sugar
- make chicken stock with bones from 1 chicken, carrots, red onions, spring onions. ginger, garlic cloves.
- salt chicken overnight. cut chicken into 1/2 and washed thoroughly. cook 9mins & poach 20mins in chicken in stock. then immerse in ice water & place in fridge. then debone & place in 2 dishes.
- for the drunken (醉鸡) marinade, add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup huatioajiu, 2tbsp fish sauce & 1tbsp sugar. mixed thoroughly then cover, immerse the 1/2 chicken and place in the fridge.