a simple dish of chap chai can be so good!
i made this 3 times recently-
- homecooked 12pax dinner for friends on 9.5.2016
- RI FGS (For Goodness Sake) Charity Dinner on 20.5.2016 &
- most recently, my 7th community lunch dish for bathesda community’s newgate learning lab (bread of life). ^^
it was really so easy to make & so nice to savour! 🙂
i fried chopped garlic & 1 cut chilli padi in 2tbsp oil then added cut cabbage & long beans.
fried for a while then added fish sauce & oyster sauce, just turning over the pieces at the bottom of the wok. about 5 mins.
then i added 3 cups (720ml) of chicken stock, and added cut taupok slices, brought to boil, turned to medium fire & covered for about 20mins for veg & taupok to soften & to reduce the stock.
then added tan hoon, tossed & off the fire.
it’s that easy!
a very enjoyable lunch. chap chai was very good. cabbage sweetness + taupok yellow bean sweetness + chicken stock sweetness & reduced. & tanhoon gave some additional texture.
So, doesn’t require much to make a wonderful dish la…
- 1/2 cabbage 500g
- 6 – 8 long beans cut to 2-3cm length
- 5 taupoks cut into 20 strips
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- tanhoon 1 bunch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- fish sauce (to taste)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- fry chopped garlic & 1 cut chilli padi in 2tbsp oil. add cut cabbage & long beans.
- fry for a while then add fish sauce & oyster sauce, just turning over the pieces at the bottom of the wok. about 5 mins.
- add 3 cups (720ml) of chicken stock, add cut taupok slices, bring to boil, turn to medium fire & cover for about 20mins for veg & taupok to soften & to reduce the stock.
- then add tan hoon, toss & off the fire.