experimented on a macha lava cake today on 25.11.2015. ^^
i tried a second time on 8.12.2015 & the results were much better, so i used the later batch of photos (& recipe). 🙂
i vary it a little = using 3 eggs, 100g white chocolate, 100g butter, NO sugar (instead of 6 tbsp), 2.5 tbsp flour instead of 4
i still had problem removing it from the muffin tray, which means the top (bottom when tray was inverted) was not hardened enough.
there were lots of lava, & the taste was what i liked. ^^
it’s exactly the texture i like – not too doughy, very mildly sweet, good macha flavours, and a flowing, a bit less viscous lava, good cake texture too. 🙂
here i followed heytheresia’s recipe & put the cake mixture in the freezer for 1 hr & then 11 mins in a preheated 200degC oven.
looks i have to use individual cupcake holder instead of a 6-cup muffin tray.
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flat brown sugar
- pinch of salt (i used 1/2 tsp)
- 3 eggs
- 2.5tbsp all purpose flour sifted
- 1 tbsp macha powder
- melt broken chocolate and butter 1mins 10secs in microwave
- add macha powder & whisk
- crack 3 eggs & whisk
- add sugar, flour, salt & whisk
- grease 6 cups muffin tray (or ramekins or cups) & pour in the cake mixture (recipe quantity is good for 6 cups muffin tray
- place in freezer for 1 hr
- then put in 200degC oven for between 10 & 15 mins (i did 11mins for 6 cups muffin tray)