made crayfish in cheese & butter, and linguine vongole for 4pax home dinner this evening on 28.10.2018.^^
had some 1kg crayfish in the freezer..so decided to cook them..
coated 1/2crayfish with 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp dijorn mustard, 2 tbsp cornflour, 1 egg yoke, white pepper.
then shallow fried in pot with a layer of oil..
when serving, brown garlic in olive oil, add cut chilli padi, add milk & reduce, then add crayfish & add chopped cheese from 3 pieces of packet sliced cheese.. & fry..add more butter at the last off frie & before plating.
it was a ok dish for first try, some cheese & butter fragrance, sweet crayfish..i think i need to brown the crayfish more (shallow fry) to give more flavours..
wife & children prefer the crayfish pasta as that gave more shellfish flavours to the pasta sauce. 🙂
I had some oil leftover so made fried chocken wings & some thigh fillet. run of the mill stuff. but obviously i don’t make fried chicken wings as well as my helper haha!
vongole my daughter’s favourite.
i went to sheng shiong to grab 1 kg just before cooking dinner.
my pasta now much more al dente than previously before our recent family amalfi coast trip. everyone loved the linguine and the la la (vongole) were excellent, just the right texture, fresh, succulent, and great taste. 🙂
simple dinner. i tried out a new crayfish recipe. it was good dish too just need to see how to improve it.
Recipe for Crayfish in Cheese & Butter
- 1 kg crayfish
- 2tbsp butter (melt 1 tbsp)
- 1tbsp dijorn mustard
- 1 egg yoke
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- white pepper
- 1 cut chilli padi
- 100ml milk
- 3 packet sliced cheese
- mix 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp dijorn mustard, 1tbsp melted butter, 2 tbsp cornflour, 1 egg yoke, white pepper.
- coat the crayfish halves with the batter mix.
- shallow fry in pot with a layer of oil.. set aside.
- when serving, brown garlic in olive oil, add cut chilli padi, add milk & reduce
- turn high heat, add crayfish & add chopped cheese from 3 pieces of packet sliced cheese.. & fry..off fire, add more butter at the last & before plating.