gazpacho not my favourite & i hardly take gazpacho by choice.
other food so-so, but stellar’s gazpacho was just so good!
so i googled online recipes. some i used & adapted-
& produced 2 gazpacho just like stellar’s – a red tomato gazpacho & a white cucumber gazpacho.
for cucumber gazpacho i used 1.5 cucumbers, 1/2small yellow onions, 1 clove garlic (removed heart), 1x140ml plain yogurt, 1 slice bread, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2tsp sugar, 1tsp sea salt, 1 cup vegetable stock & blend.
& i also did croutons for the first time!
i just put sliced baguette on a on-stick pan on low fire, added sea salt & some shaved parmesan.
so easy to prepare!
& the result of my first attempt was a really delicious gazpacho. not quite the standard of stellar’s for sure, but almost there.
so refreshing, smooth, & you could really taste the wonderful coolness of the cucumber, and the delicious combination of yogurt & onions & other ingredients.
- 1.5 large cucumber (peeled & cut)
- 1/2 small yellow onions (cut)
- 1x140ml plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic (remove heart)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 slice bread
- 1 cup stock or water
- few slices of baguette
Directions : –
- place all ingredients (except baguette for croutons) in blender & blend till smooth. taste!
- put sliced baguette on a on-stick pan on low fire, added sea salt & some shaved parmesan.